Let me dig...
My first focus was for Facebook, as Facebook is the place that I think every business in this world should have their identity marked - atleast until anyother giant like Facebook evolves. Facebook Page is a good selling point for any business that likes to go social and comparatively it performs better than Facebook profile or groups.
Two identities could be confusing:
When I searched for Naihaa in Facebook, I got two official results for Naihaa
-> Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Naihaaretail
pretty confusing.. The presence of Naihaa with 2 different identities can confuse consumers/users.
Promote Facebook Page rather than profile:
As FaceBook page has more advantages over the profile (flexible to add applications, multiple admis etc.,), it would be better to pull all profile friends to Facebook Page and maintain the page as their official social space and promote that identity. To take this point further, I noticed in the official website of Naihaa http://www.naihaa.com/ , Facebook button links to the profile identity - promoting both the identities can dilute the promotional values. Being consistent and promoting FaceBook Page should yield much better credibility.
Also, in the Naihaa website, the Facebook & Twitter button doesn't standout nor it is placed in a prominent way.
Google hasn't indexed this page, as there were no external web links mentioning about this page - worse, the official website itself doesn't have a link to FB page.
Naihaa Facebook Page Analysis: What does the Naihaa Page lacks?
- The 'About Us' column wasn't used.
- I could only see text allover the Wall posts which is not so engaging. They can add store events, popular products, their ads 'behind the scene' photos - or anything visually appealing, as photos attract more than text. And videos could impress consumers to large extent.
- The 'Info' box is not well used - doesn't include address, company overview, or mission info.
- Naihaa has missed to take this page as an opportunity to express the humanity of their business.
- The most important is - Naihaa didn't integrate promotional valued FBML application.FBML page can engage visitors and having best 'Call to Action' items in it can perform better. I like the Basics Life FBML http://www.facebook.com/BasicsLifeIndia?v=app_10467688569 - what an engaging presentation!
World is revolving with social today and getting social with 'Word of Mouth' reviews/promotions through social space is what consumers look for before any purchase - Naihaa should MAKE BEST USE of Facebook Page to achieve it.
Being in competitive Retail industry, using Social Medium should be beneficial.
Will dig their Twitter and SEO in my next post.